Monthly Archives: December 2012
Deck the halls; bring on those boughs of holly, warm yule logs, twinkling trees and hot chocolate and cake. This Christmas Bollywood hot actress Veena Malik wants’ to meet Santa Claus to fulfill her dreams.
There is something about Santa Claus that makes every girl’s heart race dresses in Red sweater with long beard he carries lots of gifts to spread happiness all around.
“I just love Christmas,” grins actor Veena Malik. Veena said, “It’s the best part of the year, the festive spirit abounds and the whole community comes together beautifully. The city is completely lit up and the year is coming to an end and you can feel the spirit of Christmas in the air. I believe in Santa Claus
The beautiful actress is currently in Bangalore shooting for her Kannada Movie. She is also preparing for the contest and promotions of her forthcoming movie “The city that never sleeps” which is being produced by Satish Reddy and Directed by Haroon Rashid.
“I want to wish Merry Christmas to my co-star Jeremy William who is currently in New York Celebrating Christmas. May the festival shower you with all the happiness and prosperity in the world”, she added.
Her new movie Mumbai 125KMS is ready to wash up the magic of Bipasha Basu’s “Aatma”. Hemant Madhukar most awaited movie is going to hit the theaters on the same date of Suparn Varma’s film ‘Aatma’ and a clash is expected. The USP of the film is that it is shot in real stereoscopic 3D.
Veena, who was looking very excited, said, “It’s great moment for me, my most awaited movie is ready to release in March and I am sure people will enjoy it and appreciate our afford to bring India first original 3D movie.”
She is preparing for the contest and promotions of my forthcoming movie “The city that never sleeps” which is being produced by Satish Reddy and Directed by Haroon Rashid. She is looking forward 2013 as a great and successful year.
Blackberry smartphone maker Research-In-Motion has roped in Ranbir Kapoor as its brand ambassador in India, a move that is aimed at attracting young entrepreneurs and professionals.
“This is the first time we have signed a celebrity in India as brand ambassador. Given BlackBerry brand positioning in the country and whole association with youth segment as well as young entrepreneur, professionals, we thought there is right fit to have Ranbir as our brand ambassador,” RIM India Managing Director Sunil Dutt said.
He said celebrity endorsement is an accepted norm in India in terms of youth and consumer association with brand.
Dutt said RIM India follows global strategies but induction of a celebrity for endorsing brand has been done to do meet local market requirements.
“Its a kind of very positive sentiment building up among consumers. Our latest brand positioning in India is very action oriented. The connect for India has been building up and local relevance has also been building up over time,” he said.
RIM India has roped in Kapoor at a time when it is gearing up to announce BlackBerry 10 version devices on January 30, 2013.
Dutt said RIM has signed the agreement for two years initially with the Bollywood celebrity and Kapoor will be seen endorsing BlackBerry devices in second half of January.
Importance Of Play For Children – To play with the child is always a great fun and it is the best amusement for both. The children when asked about their best time by a toy company they replied that when they play with their parents. To play is the best source of learning as well as to build the character of the child.
It is the informal way to teach the child many ethical values. Beside all this the play effects the brain development of children much. As the child grows his brain cells are forming rapidly and each stimulation form the new synapses or an electric connection in the brain. So if something is repeated again and again it will make the synapses more strong and in turn make the development process more rapid and efficient.
WHY PLAY IS IMPORTANT:
- To play with children is always have many positive effects in their development, some are as follows;
- By playing with your children you make a strong bonding with him and it is very important for healthy relationship.
- While you are playing with your children you can observe many of his hidden feelings which are not apparent in usual life as aggressiveness, jealousy with some one or the sympathies for something or plying partner.
- While children are playing, usually by play they can depict their aptitudes which are helpful for their future planning’s.
- By playing they learn patience, team spirit, and how to cope their defeat.
HOW TO PLAY WITH CHILDREN:
It is the best entertainment to play with the children.
Here are some ways to play with the children;
- Give the child the leading role but make sure that the game is safe and not in any way give harm to child.
- While playing with the children not to compete with them, it will degrade you and he might avoid playing with you.
- Allow him to learn by experiments.
- Try to listen more from the child.
- Not to consider yourself superior then the child and respect his feelings and emotions.
- Try to play such games in which the mental and physical energies are used so that the extra energy of the child is compensated as much as possible and if he is hyper then this can be controlled.
Human nature tends to let down its guard and act its worst around those who we are most familiar with. How you really are is the way you act towards others that you know the best – which are typically those of your own home.
The following are tips for husbands and wives that I have been working on in my own home, and I hope you find them helpful.
1. Tell your spouse “I love you” each and every single day.
2. Always say please and thank you.
3. Never demand anything one of another, but ask kindly with respect – like you would from anyone else outside the home.
4. Be always seeking what you can put into the marriage – not what you can get out of it.
5. Husband, thank your wife for each meal, when laundry is done and for how well your clothes have been folded, and when the home is cleaned and what a clean house she keeps. Wives, when you husband fixes something around the home thank him, and when he brings home his check tell him what a good provider he is.
6. Wives don’t nag your husbands. If they have been too busy to get something done that is important to you, and you have already asked them a number of times, try asking them after you have done something nice for them. Or ask if there is anything you can do to help them get started on their project. You will find this goes over much better then telling them “I have been asking for two months now to fix the leaking tap. When are you ever going to get this done? It is so hard to get you to do anything around here!”
7. Never discuss each other’s past faults and mistakes in front of other people. While your spouse may laugh along with you and not say anything about it later, you may have hurt them deep down.
8. Don’t allow a disagreement to escalate into an argument and certainly not in public or in front of your children.
Mumbai: It’s the time for year-end celebrations. While big names from Bollywood have decided to take a break, celebrities like Sunny Leone, Sameera Reddy and Parineeti Chopra are set to perform at New Year Eve galas.
Sunny Leone told us: “I am very excited to perform and this will be my first live performance in front of people. I have never done this before and this will be in a very grand scale.”
If reports are to be believed, porn star-turned-actress Sunny Leone has been offered a whopping Rs.1 crore for her New Year performance in the capital.
Parineeti Chopra, Arjun Kapoor, Anjana Sukhani and Mika Singh too will perform at the Aamby Valley City for a select audience.
This year the theme is retro and Parineeti told us: “I am totally for it. New Year is a time for holiday and very few people decide to work. Also, you get to earn more money than usual. Also, I am going this time, I can take my family and friends with me and enjoy.”
Katrina Kaif and Kareena Kapoor were reportedly offered whopping Rs.2 crore each for live shows, but they turned it down as they are keen to spend time with their respective families.
Even Bipasha Basu is giving it a miss this year. Her manager said: “She is not performing this year as of now but if there is any change, we will keep you posted.”
On the other hand, Prachi Desai is likely to perform at The Country Club here, while Yana Gupta will turn the heat on in Muscat. As per reports, Yana has been offered around Rs.20 lakh for her performance. There is a buzz that Priyanka Chopra and Salman Khan may join a multi-starrer live show in Dubai in December, but the news is not yet confirmed.
Produced under ASA production banner, the film will also mark the directorial debut of Tinu Suresh Desai.
“The girl in the film belongs to a royal family and Prachi is someone who looks extremely classy and dignified. She has that allure of royalty,” Vikram said on his decision to cast Prachi.
Prachi, who made a successful transition from TV to movies with projects like ‘Rock On’ and ‘Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai’, said, “I am glad Vikram and I are finally working together. The story blew my mind, it’s never been seen before.
“His films have clearly touched the pulse of the audience and this will be my first thriller/horror movie and I’m very excited to be trying my hand at a different genre.”
The film goes on floors in March 2013 and is to shot entirely in London.
Mysore has a rich and varied history. The name of the city is believed to have been derived from “Mahishasurana Ooru”, (town of Mahishasura in Kannada). According to the ancient treatise, Devi Purana, Mysore was ruled by the buffalo-headed demon Mahishasura. Responding to the prayer of the Gods and Goddesses to save them from this demon, Goddess Parvathi took the form of Chamundeshwari and killed Mahishasura at the Chamundi Hills in Mysore city.
For most of the 2nd century, Mysore was ruled by the Ganga dynasty that was followed by the Cholas, the Chalukyas and then the Hoysalas and the Vijayanagar dynasty. In 1399, the Yadu or Wodeyar dynasty established their supremacy over Mysore. Initially feudatories of the Vijayanagar Empire, the Wodeyars ruled over Mysore for 6 centuries except for a brief period in the 18th century when Mysore passed into the hands of Haider Ali and his son, the legendary Tipu Sultan, the Tiger of Mysore. After a series of wars, the British were able to defeat and kill Tipu Sultan and capture Mysore. The British restored Mysore to the Wodeyars but in 1831, took control of the administration themselves through a series of Commissioners till 1881. In 1881, Mysore was restored once more to the Wodeyars. After India’s independence in 1947, Mysore was part of the Indian dominion and in 1956; it became part of the state of Karnataka.
HOW TO REACH MYSORE
Mysore does not have an airport. The nearest airport at Bangalore (130 km) is quite well connected to the rest of the country and to some places abroad. The distance is very easily covered; there’s a host of rail and road options to choose from.
More than four trains ply between Bangalore and Mysore every day. Mysore is pretty well connected to the rest of the local area and it also has weekly connections to New Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai.
Mysore is quite close to the southern border of Karnataka. Road distances are really more manageable from tourist places in northern Tamil Nadu and Kerala than to a place in even central Karnataka. There are buses plying all around, deluxe, super deluxe, express and super fast. It is also possible to hire chauffeur driven cars, which would make the longer journeys a little less never-ending and tedious.
BEST TIME TO VISIT MYSORE
Mysore is one city that can actually be visited anytime! The summer is not scorching hot and neither is the winter too cold, making it pleasant enough to visit any time of the year. Though it does rain some from June to October, so if you do have choice, you could avoid these months.
October to March sees very equitable climate in Mysore with the daytime being cool and pleasant and temperatures being in the range of 20-30 degrees C, and is the ideal time for sightseeing forays. In September/October during Dussehra time, celebrations are on in full swing and the Mysore Palace is a pretty sight as it is lit up and festivities are in the air. There are cultural shows that are put up, and general bonhomie atmosphere in the city. A very good time to be in Mysore, indeed!
February and March are when the flowers burst into bloom and the city is one lovely garden – the weather is still cool and this promises to be a good time to visit Mysore.
FESTIVALS IN MYSORE
Dussehra festival in Mysore is truly spectacular. Celebrated in October every year, this festival commemorates the victory of good over evil, the defeat of the demon Mahishasura by Goddess Chamundi. Mysore is a city transformed during this festival – bright lights and colours decorate the city. The festival is marked by grand processions, special exhibitions, and stunning firework displays.
EATING OUT IN MYSORE
The restaurants in Mysore offer a variety of choices. There are patisseries, multi-cuisine restaurants, bars, and posh coffee shops. There’s ample variety in both prices and ware to suit any wallet and palate. Some places have classical music and in another vein, huge delicious `thalis’.
If you have made this decision, then make no languor in selecting you wedding dress. Gone are the days when only strapless and sleeveless wedding gowns were in fashion. Plus they are not apt for a winter wedding. Hence here are some cool ideas for your assistance.
Classic white would do away in a winter wedding. In fact many brides are now turning to the latest trend and saying goodbye to traditional white. Make sure that the dress you choose must have sleeves up to mid length. The fabric must be thick enough to keep you warm. Sew a lining under the dress to make it warmer. However the color can be of your own choice or whatever is in the current fashion.
Fairy or Princess Style
A bridal dress with short-winded trim can create a perfect fairy style. For the sleeves, you may go for short puffy ones in net fabric accompanied by a pair of gorgeous white net gloves. Team this stuff up with a stunning net veil to enhance your look. To conclude a perfect pair of shoes will complete your look.
If you are going for a hippie style ten you must select some elegant and fancy hippie bridal dress with sleeves. With a powerful urge of cheery hippie eon, you would look like a flawless hippie bride. Try out an appearance spells out liberty from typecasts and it will make a perfect triumph.
If you have a diffident theme of wedding, then a dress with long sleeves is an impeccable match for this. If you want to have a vintage look then seek around for medieval style boutiques. Besides they are heavy enough to keep you warm and cozy. Team your dress with appropriate shoes and jewelry and accessorize it beautifully.
A woman looks prettiest on her wedding day hence discover the best dress for your winter wedding using the aforementioned ideas and your own thoughts. Whatever you wear, just are confident and suit yourself.
Here are a few tips that ensure your gold jewellery looks as good as the day you bought it:
- Gold is a soft metal, so contact with hard surfaces can scratch it and reduce lustre. Ensure your jewellery is not scratched.
- Storing gold jewellery in a soft cloth ensures it does not get tangled.
- Keep gold away from dust, make-up, perspiration and moisture, by washing your hands after applying make-up, and before wearing gold jewellery.
- Bathing with jewellery on, causes a thin film of soap and water to form on it, making it look dull and drab.
- Remove gold jewellery before swimming, as the chlorine in the water could harm it.
- Cleaning solutions especially recommended for jewellery, is the best way to keep jewellery clean.
- Gold jewellery can also be rinsed in a mild detergent diluted in warm water. After cleaning, it should be dried and polished with a soft cloth.
- A soft bristled brush can be used to clean intricately crafted jewellery.
- Periodically look for loose clasps or links and get a reputed jeweller to set things right, before you lose the piece.
- Store gold jewellery in small individual pouches or boxes. If you are storing more than one piece together, ensure each piece is individually wrapped in tissue paper.
- Get jewellery professionally cleaned once a year.
Hindi cinema star Amitabh Bachchan today greeted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for securing a third consecutive wins in the just concluded polls.
“I congratulate him,” was his response when reporters sought his reaction over Modi’s win.
Bachchan was here to attend the valedictory of the 10th Chennai International Film Festival.